The most awaited smartphone Samsung Galaxy S3 released yesterday in Earl’s Court, London.Thousands of rumors where spreading all over the web via tech blogs, now has got an end. It is the time to get into the reality. Let us have a look on what is in the new Galaxy S3.
UPDATE : NEWS ON SAMSUNG S2 PRICE FALLS DOWN + COMPLETE SPECS OF Samsung Galaxy S and Samsung Galaxy S2
Related story: Our Samsung Galaxy rumor page
More pictures and shots : First Impression pics Samsung Galaxy S3
COMPARISON : SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 WITH OTHER PHONES
The Processor, Memory and related features
- 1.4GHz quad-core chip (Exynos 4212 Quad)
- 1GB RAM
- GPU – Mali-400MP
- A microSD memory card slot
- Sensors -Gyro, Accelerometer, barometer, proximity, RGB sensor, compass
- Choice of 16/32/64GB of storage
- OS – Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich
- Supports – HTML,Adobe Flash,Java
- Messages – SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
- 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6 mm (Dimensions)
- weight-133 grams
- 8MegaPixel with LED flash:In the present age camera is one of the most important factor of a Smart Phone, The rumors about 12 MP camera is still a rumor, instead it has got a 8MP camera
- Faster photo taker : The shutter lag of the camera is very low, say less than a second. It will allow you take instant shots faster than before.
- Burst shots for the Best : Another important feature regarding the new camera is the Burst shot feature. You can take up to 20 continues shots at rate of 3.3 shots per second. Another option allows you to select the best shots from the burst shots, and discards the others.
- Automatic face zooming and tagging : The camera will automatically recognize faces and helps you to tag people in a group photo.
- HD recording with 1.9 megapixel front camera : The front camera allows you to take pictures of your own and record video of HD quality.
- 4.8-inch Super AMOLED HD screen, 16M colors
- Energy Efficient performance.
- Gorilla Glass 2 : The screen is made from ‘Gorilla Glass 2 ‘ As expected which is
15-20 % stronger than a normal display
- High definition 720 x 1280 pixels :The new display is cool bright and clear than its predecessor, and same as the Galaxy note
- Multitouch enabled
- 3.5 mm jack out
- Supports mp3, wav ringtones and vibration alert
Networking and Internet
- 2G Network (GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900)
- 3G Network (HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100)
- 4G Network (LTE (regional))
- EDGE (Class 12)
- GPRS ( 32 – 48 kbps,Class 12 (4+1/3+2/2+3/1+4 slots) )
- USB Support( microUSB v2.0 (MHL))
- Bluetooth (v4.0 with A2DP, EDR)
- Wi-Fi connectivity (Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi hotspot)
Battery and Charging
- Wireless charging capability
- Standard battery, Li-Ion2 100mAh battery
- The new design is inspired from nature the ‘pebbles and leaves’, given more importance to simplicity .
- The new Galaxy S3 comes in two color variations pebble blue and Marble white (The picture is there above in this post)
- The major change in its design specification is the change in screen size,it has got a giant screen of 4.8 inch while it’s predecessor has 4.3 screen.
- Super slim :The screen size does not affect the entire size, the chassis of the phone is smaller and makes it super slim.
- The phone will be plastic build as the old times.
- Shape : It has got a round shaped body and all 4 corners are curved, the Samsung says that the design is inspired from nature.
ANOTHER COOL MISC FEATURES
- The S-Voice technology: Samsung introduced a new version of Samsung siri- the S Voice, which seems to be a good voice recognition service. It is much like the service which was introduced in Apple’s iPhone (May be a copy of Apple’s popular idea). The S voice recognize and responds to users command in a better way.Including French, Korean, German, etc. it support 8 different languages now. Definitely Both American and British English supports are there. And more will be added later.
Using S Voice feature, user will be able to send text messages, e-mails, make calls, take photos, play songs or videos and Adjust volume controls.
- Social Tag-Smart way to share photos and updates to Social media : Using Samsung Galaxy S3 you can take photos, tag them and share with Facebook and other social medias instantly.
- Direct Call : The phone senses when you need to talk. During messaging, if you want to call instead, simply put up your phone near your ear and automatically it dials your friend’s number.
- Smart eye sensing : The Galaxy S3 will sense our eyes and maintains bright display only we look on it. It will help to reduce power usage by dimming the screen automatically if you fell asleep .
- S Beam technology-Share between two Galaxy S3′s : The sharing of media and other files is now easy between two Samsung Galaxy S III s, Just place back to back and touch you can share, music, video and all.
Eye sensing Social tagging
GET Galaxy S3 :Where, When and Cost
The First arrival will be in Europe by May 29, and it will be launched in US and other countries by June with 4G support. The cost is not yet confirmed, however it will depend on the territory . what ever it is, we hope that it will not exceed £600.
Many Websites offers pre-orders with monthly tariff of Samsung Galaxy S iii, some are given below